We are a preferred provider for the following insurance companies:
- Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Providence Preferred PPO (not Providence's general plan)
- First Choice Health Network
- some Bridgespan Health Plans
Being "in-network" means that we will bill your insurance directly and you will be responsible for your co-pay (and deductible if applicable) at the time of your visit. Providence members should call Providence Health Plan to check that we are within network prior their first visit to see us. Clients with Blue Cross Blue Shield as their insurance provider should also call their insurance to determine if prior authorization is necessary.
Please call your insurance company to verify your benefits before your initial visit as you are ultimately responsible for payment. There are often deductibles, number of visit limits, and other restrictions.
For these and other insurance panels, you will need to call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out your mental health benefits/coverage. Most insurance companies have some out of network coverage to come and see us. You may be subject to a deductible or simply have a higher co-pay. It is usually worth your while to check on what your out of network benefits are. When you call in this situation ask the following questions:
- Is Catherine Samson, PMHNP a covered provider for me?
- What are my out of network benefits for mental health?
- Do I have a separate out of network deductible?
- What percentage or fee do I pay? Is this based on a “usual and customary fee” or her actual rates?
- How many visits do I get in a certain time frame?
Insurance no longer covers charges for services rendered by phone or e-mail, prior authorization calls or forms, letters, reports, cancellations (if less than 48 hours notice) or missed appointments. These will be billed to you directly. Payment is expected at the time of service. If you do not have a co-pay with you at the time of an appointment, a $25 charge will be added to your bill. Appointments cancelled with under 48 hour notice are billed for the full fee for the scheduled appointment.